Aside from special events, such as contest, each meeting follows the same format, as does the process for creating each meeting.
8 to 12 weeks prior to the meeting
- The website admin creates the meeting on website with all appropriate roles.
4 to 6 weeks prior to the meeting
- The VPPR creates the Facebook event.
2 to 3 weeks before the meeting
- The VPE begins filling the roles for the meeting.
1 week before the meeting
- The VPE puts a final call out for meeting roles to be filled.
5 days before the meeting
- The VPE emails out the agenda to all members and any visiting guest.
- The President contacts the assigned Toastmaster
- The Toastmaster contacts the General Evaluator, Topicsmaster and all speakers.
- The General Evaluator contacts the evaluators, Ah-Counter, Grammarian, Time Keeper and Creative Corner.
- Each Evaluator contacts their assigned speaker.
2 days before the meeting
- The evaluators contact their assigned speakers again.
1 hour before the meeting (7.00pm)
- The Sergeant-at-Arms and any assistants arrive to set up the room.
30 minutes before the meeting (7.30pm)
- Doors open to members and guests.
- Toastmaster of the evening arrives.
15 minutes before the meeting (7.45pm)
- All meeting officers and speakers should arrive. Should anyone not be there the Toastmaster should liaise with the VPE and members present to find people to fill the roles.
- The Sergeant-at-Arms closes the door
- The President opens the meeting.
8.00pm to 9.00pm (approx.)
- The President welcomes members and guest and hands over the to Toastmaster.
- The Toastmaster introduces all meeting roles and then hands over to the Topcismasters.
- Topicsmaster leads the Tableptopics session the hands back to the Toastmaster.
- The Toastmaster introduced each speaker, who each take it turn to give their prepared speech.
- The Toastmaster announces the break and length of time.
9.00pm to 9.15pm (approx.)
- Refreshment Break
9.15pm to 10.00pm
- The Toastmaster welcomes everyone back and invites the General Evaluator up to host the Evaluation section of the meeting.
- The General Evaluator introduces each Evaluator, who each take it in turn to give their evaluation.
- The General Evaluator introduces the Ah-Counter and Grammarian and asks then to give their report.
- The General Evaluator introduces the Creative Corner who gives their presentation.
- The General Evaluator gives their report and then hands control of the meeting back to the Toastmaster
- The Toastmaster invites the VPE up to look for roles for future meetings.
- The Toastmasters hands control of the meeting to the President.
- The President makes any closing remarks and closes the meeting.
After the meeting
- The Sergeant-at-Arms packs up the equipment and closes the room.
- We all go to the pub!